Found Objects Creating Unimagined Spaces

a blog dedicated to merchandising, design, diy projects, and inspiring interiors from other designers.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas 2012 Leftovers

Yes, you read that correctly - 2012. I realize that I haven't posted in over 9 months, so I decided to do a bit of a "throwback" to Christmas 2012 to get you all up-to-date. Below are some photos of my parents' home from last Christmas as well as a couple Christmas-DIY projects.


Christmas mantle
A view of one corner of the living room
The Tree (duh) 
Ornaments "dripping" from the dining 
room chandelier (please ignore my 
reflection in the mirror) 
Coffee table complete with fresh pine clippings 
Coffee table at night with candles lit
Credenza with my DIY potted trees (instructions below)
Easy Christmas-DIY project! I purchased 
4 terra cotta pots (2 different sizes), 
1 florist-foam ball to be placed inside each
pot,  1 florist-foam cone, dried moss, 

craft paint, and 4 small wooden dowels all 
from my local craft store...

VoilĂ !

Another easy Christmas-DIY project! Small 
canvas, craft paint, some rubber stamps/stencils & ink,
and some velvet ribbon (not shown here) to create 
individualized ornaments to give as gifts.
I wrapped all of my gifts last year using brown 
craft/butcher paper (purchased from the dollar store) 
and simple velvet ribbon. I personalized each gift 
with the person's initial instead of using gift tags/labels. 
I loved the simplicity of the wrappings, 
as did the recipients of these gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the wrappings on my gift! Had a classic Christmas feel!

    ReplyDelete